BFI Film Audience Networking funding schemes now open
The BFI Film Audience Network is a unique collaboration of eight Film Hubs managed by leading film organisations across the UK. The Film Audience Network is at the heart of the BFI’s latest strategy BFI2022 which seeks to ensure the greatest choice of film is available for everyone.
As part of this new strategy a range of new film funds are now being made available. Full details of the schemes can be found at Film Hub West Midlands’s website but include:
Short Film Funding for fiction shorts, in both live action and animation, and provides grants to support the production costs of short films.
Early Development Funding for new writers with bold ideas
The BFI are looking to fulfil five key objectives with their selections:
1. Talent development and progression: Support during the early careers of a range of ambitious filmmakers
2. Impact: Support for films with a strong cultural or progressive impact
3. Risk: Projects that take risks in form and content, where the more commercial sector cannot
4. Perspective: Projects that recognise the quality of difference in perspective, talent and recruitment
5. UK-wide: An increase in the number of active projects and filmmakers outside London and the South East
If you think you fit the bill head on over to the BFI Film Audience Network site to apply